Friday, April 07, 2006

Colossus brings the Rock! (Wooo!)

Colossus: "Kolossus"
(live in Asheville)



Well, this is too much of a concidence to pass up. Given my comment in my previous post about taking a break from the pretty, I sat up and took notice when I came across Colossus, playing tonight at King's Barcade in Raleigh.

Buried deep in my musical history is an intense high school love of heavy metal, and Colossus hits that spot hard. I have no idea if they're taking this seriously -- their myspace page has no real information -- but they do a good job with it anyhow. "Kolossus" is basically an instrumental, but you can also download some other stuff including a dead ringer for early Iron Maiden ("Ghostfucker") and a Judas Priest cover ("The Ripper").

Seriously, if we can have this big post-punk revival all over the place, why can't we have a NWOBHM revival too?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home