Monday, September 27, 2004

Back in action

Of course, it would happen that I get my first (and only, so far) major link on the first day of a two-week hiatus. (Thanks, John! Can I get on the blogroll?) Hopefully some of y'all that clicked through back then have stuck around till now.

My major regret from this hiatus is that I missed the David Byrne show at the Carolina Theater. Although his latest recording isn't as percussion- and rhythm-heavy as my favorite stuff of his, I'd love to see how this current band, including the Tosca Strings sounds. Somewhere I read that they're doing "I Zimbra" on this tour, a song I've always loved. Anybody seen Byrne, 'round here or elsewhere on this tour? His tour diary isn't quite up to the 9/19 show, but I'll keep a look out to see how it seemed from his side of the lights.

Also missed the Carrboro Music Festival yesterday. A quick scan of the schedule doesn't turn up anything I was dying to see, but a free afternoon of music is nothing to turn up your nose at.

That was the only really lengthy absence I'll have this fall, though shorter ones will follow. In any case, I'm back now, so let's see if I can keep this going for a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home