Friday, April 14, 2006

Live Rosebuds

The Rosebuds: "My Downtown Friends"
"Boys Who Love Girls"
"I'd Feel Better"
"Everybody Disco"
(live, Kings Barcade, Raleigh NC, 11/20/2004. Buy or download Rosebuds stuff.)



I've long been a fan of the Rosebuds' retro pop. Here are a couple of tracks from a live performance in Raleigh from a few years ago. It doesn't include any songs from their stellar recent release, Birds Make Good Neighbors, but it's a solid selection from their first two albums. I made a point of including "Everybody Disco," since I don't think they've recorded that one. It's no earth-shaking addition to their repertoire, but a solid slice of Rosebud energy. Ivan Howard's voice is a little rough in spots during this set, but I've seen them live myself (yes, every now and then I get out to a show...) and he is a star -- super charismatic and a marvelous songwriter.

Five Year Plan has a selection of other live recordings from International Orange (previously) and Nathan Asher and the Infantry, who recently topped the Independent's poll for Best Triangle Rock Band. (I'll have to work up a post on them soon.) It's a great idea, and they're off to a good start. Keep it up, guys!

PS: Hey to Best Week Ever!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 11:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listen to this great band:
www.myspace.com/pennycentury
Hope you like it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home