Friday, August 18, 2006

Gerty's last hurrah




Gerty!:

"Go Out Tonight"
(from 307 Knox Records Compliation 2006)

Short on time and energy these days, but here's an update for you. Local label 307 Knox (with a great new website design, by the way) recently put out a 2-CD compliation that I've been enjoying quite a bit. (Though it is, as these things often are, a bit hit-and-miss.) As I detailed previously, new-wave revivalists Gerty! morphed into a band called the Ex-Members and are waiting for drummer Melissa York (ex-Butchies) to get neck surgery. One highlight of the 307 Knox comp is what seems to be one of the last Gerty recordings, featuring (I'm assuming) a cameo from electro-rappers Robosapien.

I'll probably try to highlight some more stuff from these discs soon, but go pick one up for yourself at local shops -- I got mine at Chaz's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home