Monday, July 17, 2006

Two songs about Carrboro

...and they couldn't be more different.

Eric Bachmann: "Carrboro Woman"
(from To The Races 2006. Release date 8/22/06. Preorder here.)

Bachmann's work with/as Crooked Fingers bears little trace of his previous work with Archers of Loaf. This, too, is warm and folky. Recorded in Buxton on the Outer Banks, apparently.

Billy Sugarfix: "It's Carrboro"
(see the It's Carrboro website for more info)

Billy Sugarfix, aka Evil Wiener, busts out an old-school rap about Carrboro. (He'll also write you a song.)
Raleigh and Durham and Fayetteville
If it ain’t in Carrboro it aint worth my skill
I won’t even go to Chapel Hill
My momma cools her pies on the window-sill

2 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Matt Hayhurst said...

I heard that carrboro rap earlier this year. Possibly the worst song I've ever heard.

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Mark said...

Aw, I thought it was kind of funny. Oh well, can't please everyone...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home