Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Sparklefest Part Two



Just a quick spin through some of the other bands at this week's Sparklefest. I don't know much about them, so this'll mainly be links and songs that sound OK at first listen.

The Upper Crust: baroque-themed AC/DC, if that's your thing. Kind of ridiculous-looking, but I assume that's the point.
"Let Them Eat Rock"

Daniel Resko/Yellow Pod: no download for this one, but the songs on his MySpace sound pretty good. Less power, more pop.

The Cogburns: Self-described as "post millennium Garage Surf Punk".
"Southern Daisy"

The Shazam: I think they are Sparklefest mainstays, and no wonder. This is more-or-less what I'm looking for in the power pop sound.
"Squeeze the Day"

No offense to the other bands, but I'm out of time for this week. Cheers!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home