Friday, January 05, 2007

Grasshopper




Grasshopper:
"Ex-Sunbeam"
"I Used To Sing Along"
(from Just Like You EP, 2006. Buy a copy here.)

I think I first noticed Grasshopper when they played a couple of shows with Red Collar [previously]. They have some similarity in sound (particularly "Ex-Sunbeam"), but Grasshopper seems to have a bit more pop in the mix. Good indie rock (and if that phrase means anything as a stylistic description, it's something like this) from a Chapel Hill trio. Sometimes I don't have much else to say but "I like this music", and this is one of those times.

Hear a couple of demos at their MySpace page, or at the super-slick ReverbNation, a quite cool (and locally-based) music social networking site. (The Oak Room is there too.)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We miss The Oak Room!

<3 Diversions

 

Post a Comment

<< Home