Friday, March 04, 2005

Prayers and Tears Again

Tonight's the release party for the Prayers and Tears of Arthur Digby Sellers album I was talking about the other week. Having heard the whole thing (thanks, Perry!), I'm actually even more impressed. The sonic palette is wider than I had realized, but it maintains the high quality that was evident from what I pointed to earlier.

The Independent had a nice review, but it doesn't seem to be up on their site just now. You can look at the press page on the band site, though, or read this Pitchfork review.

I'm starting to get into the groove of what I called Wright's "verbosity" as well -- check out the hilarious "How to Release an Album in Five Easy Steps".
The one sheet is a single stop for all of your namedropping and braggadocio needs. We made ours in color to give it that little something extra, a bit of joie de vivre. This is where you essentially get to put words in reviewers' mouths, but in a way kind of like that game Telephone from elementary school. For example, if you say, "Prayers and Tears sound like My Bloody Valentine," you will get something like "Prayers and Tears love to sing Lorenz Hart's classic tune My Funny Valentine." Try it for yourself!
Sadly, I have to miss tonight's show at Local 506. Happily, the band put up some of their rehearsals -- check them out. Also, a nice cover of a Mountain Goats song from a radio performance.

MP3: "Ontothanatological"
MP3: "Concerning Lessons Learned From the Aliens"
MP3: "Rotation of Crops"
(from CD release party rehearsals 2/15/05)
Buy The Mother of Love Emulates the Shapes of Cynthia here.

MP3: "Against Pollution" (Mountain Goats cover)
(live on WKNC 1/13/05)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home